- What is nutrigenomics?
‘Nutrigenomics’ is an amalgam of two words — nutrition and genome. The word ‘genome’ refers to the genetic makeup of an individual while ‘nutrition’ refers to the nutrients our body needs in order to maintain optimal level of health and wellbeing. Nutrigenomics is a new scientific discipline that investigates the relationship between genome and nutrition, thereby helping us understand how our body reacts to different foods, beverages, and supplements.
- What is nutrigenomic testing and how does it benefit me?
Nutrigenomic testing is an evaluation of different genetic markers to generate a comprehensive report of findings along with a set of recommendations to help an individual achieve their desired level of fitness. Opting for OmeNutrition, a nutrigenomic test offered by OmeCare, offers you the following advantages:
- You will get a detailed personalized nutrition profile that will help you determine the perfect ratio of carbs, proteins, and fats for your body.
- You will be provided with recommendations regarding diet, exercise, and lifestyle based on your genetic makeup.
- You will get an insight into your genetic predisposition for exercise. Using this information you can determine whether or not you will be able to benefit from a particular type of workout, such as strength training or cardio workouts.
- How is the testing done?
OmeNutrition is a non-invasive test, which means that you will not be required to provide a blood sample. Instead, a simple saliva sample will be used to evaluate over 80 different genetic markers and provide you with a personalized nutrition profile.
- How long will it take to get my results?
After we have received your saliva sample, it should take us approximately 2-3 weeks to conduct the analysis and deliver you your personalized genetic nutrition profile.
- How will the test help me plan a more effective diet plan?
The test will provide you with a personalized nutrition profile containing detailed information on the nutrients you need to stay healthy. For example, people who have a certain variant of the GSTT1 gene will be required to take vitamin C in amounts exceeding the RDA because of their genetic predisposition to vitamin C deficiency. Similarly, if you are lactose intolerant, the report will contain recommendations regarding the foods that you should or should not take to avoid the symptoms of diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain, etc.
- Who can take the test?
While there are no particular indications or contraindications to nutrigenomic testing, the following individuals are likely to benefit from OmeHealth:
- Individuals who might have a genetic predisposition for certain lifestyle diseases
- Individuals who are already suffering from the symptoms of a disease, such as lactose intolerance, malabsorption syndrome, etc.
- Individuals who want to achieve a desired body weight and shape
If you are interested in learning more about OmeHealth, you may contact us at 877 505 7374 or email at email@example.com.